Thursday, January 5, 2006

Glee

"PLEASE DON'T CALL ME SIR, CALL ME ANDERSON." Yay! I think my Anderlove just grew even more! He's soooo adorable and so polite. ( I wonder if I can call him...boyfriend? *shameless*)

I took a day off from work yesterday because my son had a slight fever, I could go to work but I chose to stay with him because he was crying and begging me not to go, so I stayed. I'm glad I did, not only did I get to spend more time with my son, I also had an Anderson Cooper overload yesterday. Loved it.

He was on "Larry King Live" and "Anderson Cooper 360," of course. I was watching him from 10 am till 5 pm, there were some interruptions but I kept on watching CNN cause I know he's gonna be back, the story in West Virginia was just too big to ignore.

I watched him when he reported that all of the 12 remaining miners were found alive, he was visibly happy, everyone was happy, I was in near tears when the first ambulance came pass by him with a miner inside to be taken to the hospital. Everyone was thrilled, everyone was in jubilation. It was exactly 11:49 pm ET.

Jan44After 3 hours or so, he and the other media present there was still reporting about the "miracle in Virginia," when Lynette, the same woman he interviewed a couple of hour earlier came back to him while he was reporting live in TV, came rushing to him along with her kids and basically told him that they were misled. And the report that the 12 miners were all alive was in fact, a lie. All 11 are dead and only one survived. He was so stunned upon learning that indeed what Lynette told him was true. He talked slowly as if he wanted to make sure that everything that came out from his mouth would come out right. And what's more shocking is that the CEO and some officials of the coal mining company knew that only one survived of the 12 remaining trapped miners as early as 20 minutes after the announcement that all 12 are alive but they opted to wait for more than 3 hours before telling the families, what were they thinking? It was indeed a roller coaster of emotions, I could not imagine what the families of the miners must feel.

21f8e8c7I was feeling Anderson's anger building up, I immediately saw him with Sen. Landriue in my mind. He should do that to the CEO of the company. For not telling the truth, for withholding the truth, for making up a very lame excuse! Go interview him Andy, that ought to teach him a lesson!

Poor Anderson, he was on air for more than 6 hours and he's still going. I wanted to take a nap but I just can't, he's working, reporting and standing nonstop, all I had to do was lie down and watch him. So, my son and I watched him till 5 pm. I was glad when finally Miles O'Brien took over, because Andy will finally get to rest but somehow I felt sad, watching Andy for more than 6 hours apparently is not enough still.


Thanks to the lovely and generous people of Anderloads for the photos.

No comments: