Monday, January 16, 2006

Yehey! Panalo si Dr. House!

My daughter and I were watching the '63rd Golden Globe Awards' this morning, thank goodness, I can come late to work in the morning and I think she was more excited than I was. Half of the reason for her excitement was because of Dr. House and the other half was because she recognized the casts of 'Lost', 'Desperate Housewives.' and 'Edward Scissorhands,' she was referring to Johnny Depp, of course.

I loved Geena Davis' speech – the one that involved a little girl that "wanted to be a president240x320_globes2006_060116_arrivals_ggsit because of you," I totally fell for it. She made it up but I believe her, "it could've happened." I like Geena because she has brains! (Mensa member, hello?) not just a pretty face.

And s'yempre, we wanted Dr. House to win, she was delighted when Hugh Laurie's name was called, although I didn't like the way Evangeline Lilly delivered her line, all she had to do was read her line, nothing to it, it's not brain surgery or anything about rocket science, arrgh! Kainis! Pangalan pa naman ni Hugh Laurie yun! I made a mental note:I don't like her anymore.

As expected, Hugh won for best performance for an actor in a television series (drama). Gillian and I cheered for a moment and then she suddenly got confused, "Bakit wala sya tungkod, nanay?" "Nasaan na yun, magaling na ba sya?"

0250cd1fShe became more confused when Hugh started to talked, he didn't talk like Dr. House at all. "Si Dr. House ba talaga yan? Bakit iba sya magsalita? Taga-London ba sya? Neighbor ba sila ni Harry Potter saka ni Ron?" I explained to her that Dr. house is just a character that Hugh Laurie is playing, "Diba sya yun daddy ni Stuart sa 'Stuart Little' dati tapos si Geena Davis naman yun mommy."

"Ahhh, okay. So, dalawa pala si Dr. House."

I said yes. I didn't want to explain anymore. I might have confused her even more. I'll try again tonight, God willing.


i got the pic of hugh from jld1119 from anderloads.

No comments: