Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Usapang Nanay

DylanUncle Fester


My son, Balong, is just the sweetest little kid on the planet (syempre, anak ko eh). Last Tuesday night when I got home from work, I found him sitting on the stairs, he looked sad so I asked him what's wrong.

He said "Nanay, umiyak ako."

"Why? What happened?"

"Umiyak ako eh, kasi nami-miss kita. Antagal mo dumatin."

"Alam mo naman na uuwi din si Nanay, di ba? Next time wag ka na iiyak ha."

"Miss na miss na kita eh."

Then he started to cry again. It broke my heart to see him cry like he did, I almost cried as well. So I hugged him and assured him that we'll be spending more time together in February, God willing.

"Alam mo ginawa ko kaya ako nag-stop umiyak tanina? Nikuha ko yun ID mo dlower, tapos may pitsur ka dun di ba? Tininnan ko yun, tapos di na ako umiyak. Di na kita na-miss ng madami, konti na lang."

He's a very sweet and loving kid, naughty and mischievous most of the time but entirely adorable.

I told my mother about it the next day, I didn't expect her to go all melodramatic about it because my mother is a bit sarcastic, just a bit. I want to stress the 'just a bit' part because she just might read this. Anyway, I was right, her response took me by surprise.

She said to me with a very visible can't-hide-the grin-off-my-face kind of look in her face, "Alam mo, 'wag ka magagalit ha, pero kasi may narinig ako sa radyo, may studies daw na ginawa ang mga researcher na yun daw mga batang lalaki na masyadong malapit sa nanay nila... lalaking bading yun."

"Sobra ka naman! Kainis ka 'ma ha! Mama's boy lang siguro?"

"Bwa ha ha ha!!! Totoo yun. Ha ha ha..."

Hmmm...pwede kaya di ko muna kausapin ang nanay ko? Asar eh!

No comments: