Tuesday, January 17, 2006


I talk about Anderson just about anywhere, regardless of who I'm talking to. I can't stop. Every chance I get, I drop his name. Anderson fool, I have become. Can you tell?

My daughter, Gillian, rolls her eyes everytime I watch AC360˚. My husband ignores me. My son, Dylan, likes Anderson, he likes his haircut. My mother ignores me, so does my sister. Clearly, they have no idea how good Anderson is. I think it's a crying shame.

Anyway, I thought I'd share with you some of my conversations involving AC.

In our house:

Me: "'Mom! come here, quickly. Hurry up, Anderson's on TV!"
Mamang: "What!? I'm busy."
Me: "Hurry up! Please..just a quick look, and I won't bother you anymore."
Mamang: "Okay, where?"
Me: "There, isn't he the handsomest anchor on tv or what?"
Mamang: "You call that handsome? I think Bon Jovi's way cuter than Anderson."
Me: "Nah! You're just saying that. Btw, that person in quite smart and the son of Gloria Vanderbilt, no less"
Mamang: "He looks like Redford White!"

While watching "Jeopardy!" one night.

Tony: "Man! that woman is good. She's so smart"
Me: "Ooh, yes! Did you know that she used to be a lawyer, she gave it up to be a plain housewife and mother to her 3 kids."
Tony: "Really? No wonder."
Me: "Did you know that Anderson's a 'Jeopardy!' champion not too long ago?' "
Tony: "Really? Hand me over the remote, I think I'll change the channel!"
He was just kidding, of course.

Me: "I think I'd like to have a pet dog."
Tony: "Me too, I'd like to have a dog just like Paris Hilton's."
Me: "Oh, really, it's a nice dog but I'm thinking more in the line of Spaniels."
Tony: "Why?"
Me: "Because Anderson's dog is a Welsh Springer Spaniel, her name is Molly.'
Tony: "I knew it!"

Dylan: "Mommy! Do I look like Anderson already?" He was referring to his hairstyle.
Me: "Oh, yes!"
Dylan: "Mommy, please put some gel on my hair so it will stay that way. I wanna be Anderson all day!
Me: "Well, come here! My little Anderson."

My sister: "Y'know what? I couldn't take it anymore, I watched AC360˚ yesterday."
Me: "Really? Did you like it? He's so cute, isn't he"
My sister: "He's so thin! Y'know, he looked a lot like your crush when you were in college, remember Richard?"
Me: "Hmmm... "

Gillian: "I knew it! You're watching Anderson again." *eyeroll*

In the office:

Me: (talking on the phone) "I really hate those people at Pag-ibig (love) Fund. It's been four months and they haven't approved my loan! Arrghh!"
Yolly: (clearly, she overheard me on the phone) "Hey, Sheila. What happened to Anderson? Why are you scorching mad?"
Me: "Huh? No, silly! I'm talking about my Pag-Ibig loan, not the other pag-ibig (love), which is Anderson. There's nothing Anderson can do to make me hate him."

Mang Nilo (our messenger): (looking at my desktop monitor) "Hey! What's Steve doing in your computer?"
Me: "Steve who?"
Mang Nilo: "Steve...Steve...Martin, is that right?"
Me: "Mang Nilo huh!"
Mang Nilo: "That's Steve, right? He looks like Steve Martin, they have the same hair."
Me: "Mang Nilo! I so hate you right now!!!"


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

IMG that is sooo hilarious! I have had several crushes in my life and my family ignores me too! Coop is my latest crush...he is still under the radar in my house though. Just my little secret for now. Lol!

My husband should be happy I'm even *watching* the news...

Anonymous said...

The cat is out of the bag. He was referred to as "Pretty Boy" while watching The Mole on DVD the other night. Oppps!