Wednesday, October 4, 2006

It's good to be back


It's so good to be back! I think i've seen the the strongest storm in my life... well, okay, it's not the strongest that ever hit Metro Manila but it was the first storm that i have ever seen, literally! My kids and I were at the second floor of our house in front of the glass sliding door fronting our terrace. Ooops, didn't everyone adviced us not to stand in front of the window or glass door in case of a storm? I didn't listen.

My kids and I saw everything! Roofs being ripped from houses, woods, chunks of metals, branches of trees being carried by the gusting wind of 185 kph and, of course, let's not forget about the punishing torrential rains. The next day, I saw the most beautiful day in my life! The sun was up in all it's glory, the birds were chirping happily but the trees... the big old trees... which once stood proudly along Estrada street, were now uprooted with no dignity left and now considered a road obstruction.

The city was paralyzed, I wasn't able to watch the news as most part of the city had no electricity even when the electricity was restored... the cable was still out so no TV still for us. But we're back to normal now. It's so good to be back!

When we got our cable connection back... boy, oh, boy! The timing was perfect! I saw the Ac360 commercial last night, he's back on the field and he'll be spending time with me (on CNNI) from Wednesday to Friday! Again... it's so good to be back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you and your family are safe.

Kristin

dancing_nancy said...

thank you. :)