Wednesday, October 25, 2006

From Howie to Rod

Last monday night, I stayed up late as in really, really late to watch TV. It's was holiday the following day so I didn't have to worry about waking up early. I even told my husband that I'd watch TV 'til 5 a.m. I was flipping channels when I chanced upon a local show, I-Witness, it's been ages since I last watched it so I thought I'd stay and wait on what they had to offer. The report/docu that evening or morning was about funny Filipino names, I thought it was interesting and something I can definitely relate to so I stayed and watched, oh, who am I kidding? I stayed and watched because of the presentor, Howie Severino.
???

Okay... I've got another confession to make, I used to watch Saksi because of Howie, his segment, Sidetrip, is the 2nd reason. He reminds me of Rod Nepomuceno. Well, they don't really look alike but in some strange way, Howie reminds me of Rod Who is Rod Nepomuceno you ask? Well, I used to have a major crush on him, until I discovered Anderson Cooper, of course. Come to think of it, I've forgotten everyone because of Anderson.

Rod is a lawyer and has a column on Philippine Star called It's A Wonderful Life and he is also the Corporate Affairs Director for MTV Philippines. But I knew Rod when he was still an anchor for a news program on channel 4, I was still in college then. I even went to the millennium celebration on Ayala Avenue not because I like to party but because Rod was hosting it, I wanted to see him upclose. I was heartbroken when he got married… NOT!


He's funny, smart and sweet, I e-mailed him one time about his article and he emailed me back! He told me he'd print my email, put it on a frame and hang it on his wall because of something I said to him. He's a good guy.

I can't believe I've forgotten all these little details in my past. It's feels so weird right now, all those memories are coming back, all these hidden somewhere in my brain were unlocked because of Howie.

Most of my friends knew of my Rod obsession but I don't think I told anyone about Howie, though. I don't even know why I'm so embarrassed to admit it. Hay naku!

No comments: