Saturday, July 15, 2006

Why?!

200200817001_2 I can’t believe what I’ve gotten myself into this time. Why do I find it hard to say NO?!




The reason I resigned from my current job is because it’s so boring and repetitious NOT to mention the guy that I’m working with is driving me mad every day! He’s so mayabang (show-off)! If he was a hurricane, he’d be a Cat 4! If I enjoyed the work here, I think I would’ve resigned eventually because of him.




Anyway, I was asked by the Director of this company to stay a while longer, at least give them a month to find me a replacement, I could very well leave right away since I’m not a regular employee yet but I couldn’t say no, so I’m staying until August 11. L


Then, after two days, she asked to meet with me again during lunch, kind of like a lunch meeting then she asked me to do part time work with them. If could report half-day on Saturdays? My brain’s telling me to say no but my lips said yes…arrgh!!!




It’s one of my weakenesses, I just can’t say no! I’m too afraid to hurt the feeling of others so I end up hating myself.




5 comments:

i_heart_anderson_cooper said...

Oh No!!!! Nancy!!!!!!!!!!!! You need to leave! Go back & tell her you made & mistake & you cannot stay longer! You cannot work weekends!

Do it for yourself!!!!! Get out while you can!!!!

dancing_nancy said...

i know!!! i don't think i have the heart to disappoint her. arrrgh!

did i mention that she's 75 years old? :(

Anonymous said...

It's very hard for me to say not to people too, Nancy. I believe that women feel this way more than men. We are raised to be friendly, helpful, polite and to always please.

There is nothing wrong with these feelings, until you let people take advantage of you, because of them. Making you miserable in the end.

Practice saying what you want to say in front of a mirror. Do it repeatedly, until you feel confident enough to say it for real.

This has helped me to speak up for myself strongly and calmly, without giving in. I'll be wishing you luck and good thoughts for you!

dancing_nancy said...

Hi DC, thank you for your kind words.

I think i'll give it a try; practicing in front of the mirror. ;)

thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy, you're welcome and I hope it works!:)