Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Whatever...

I didn’t have anything better to do yesterday so I watched LKL, I like Larry but sometimes he’s a bit boring. I’m glad I watched yesterday, he had Kathy Griffin on the show, she was talking about her recent divorce with her husband and her reality show.

I must admit I am not a fan of hers, but I do know her. It’s just that I don’t pay much attention to her. However, when she mentioned Anderson Cooper yesterday on the show, I instantly liked her.

Obviously, she’s a fan of Anderson, she calls him Andy, I think only true fans call him that. She wants to make out with him…hmmm…who doesn’t? Can you blame her? I’ve got an ear-to-ear smile as I am writing this right now.

Coop makes me smile, always. He makes me forget my worries even for awhile.

You see, I’m about to resign from my current job, it’s so boring to me death, I just can’t do it anymore. I think I hear my mother inside my head “Rolling stones gather no moss,” she’s telling me.

"Oh, no! How am I gonna explain this to her?"

And, just two weeks ago. I resigned from another company… remember? The politician boss… who hurts people, literally and verbally? Yup! That’s him!

I’m thinking there must a lesson in all of this…

My former politician boss gave me a ridiculous amount of money for salary but I still quit that job even though I loved what I was doing there, not to mention the Powermac G5 that he bought me. So it can’t be the money.

Lesson 1: Money, it doesn’t bring happiness and peace of mind.

I’m currently working for the De La Salle University Press, I took the job they offered me in spite of the fact that the salary they could afford to give me a few thousands less from the salary I demanded because of lesson 1. Last June 30 was my last day of work from my politician boss, I started to work here (DLSU Press) last July 3…I’m on my second week right now…but I feel like I can’t do this anymore. So I’m quitting. I’m giving my resignation letter this afternoon. I’m quitting not because of my salary but because I’m not happy with what I do.

Lesson 2: It’s really not about the money. So it must be the love of work? That will make me happy.

My last day of work here will be on August 11, and on August 14, I’ll be starting to work in an advertising agency. I wonder if it will bring me happiness and fulfillment?

Oh, and by the way, I’ve got a lot of explaining to do to my friends because I never liked the idea of working in an ad agency, really! For years I’ve been trying to avoid them. I’m not sure why, but I’ve been lying about it since I don’t know when, or maybe I told the truth once but somehow I forgot it. Maybe I feel intimated by them or maybe I don’t think I’m good enough for them. Whatever the reasons are…I might need the help of Dr. Phil to dig it somewhere in my brain.

The salary they offered is somewhere in between my two previous jobs. It’s not about the money, remember?

So let’s wait and see if this is the bliss that I’m looking for.

Ooops, I think I hear Coop in my head, “Follow your bliss,” he tells me.

2 comments:

i_heart_anderson_cooper said...

FOLLOW YOUR BLISS NANCY! I love Kathy & you! I'm so happy you're getting out of that job. It sounds horrible! Do you have a lot of Anderstuff to pack from your desk?

dancing_nancy said...

i only have a mug in my desk, i haven't introduced andy to my soon-to-be-officemates yet. :)