Saturday, July 1, 2006

My thought of the day

Two months and four days. That's how long I spent working in a government office and I don't think I'll ever do it again. It's just too much for me. The red tape, the ghost employees and the very "powerful" boss. The boss, oh, yeah! I've got a lot to say about him.

He's very mean and cruel to his staffs, well, except for one, I don't understand where his anger is coming from. He's always angry. He's not human. He doesn't care about how people feel. He gets what he wants regardless of the means. Money is everything to him. He acts like he can buy everything, people included.

I don't feel anything for him, I used to hate him but now, I'm only too happy to be out of his sight. But one thing that saddens me is that one of his staffs is slowly turning to be like him! She's intelligent and pretty, she looks exactly like a human being on the outside but inside...She's slowly turning into a non-human, let's call her B. I mean, I saw my ex-boss hit his photographer... I went pale and unable to move for a good one minute. I cried for days for what I saw, and to top it off, I just learned this week that the boss kinda "fired" the guy and assigned him somewhere else. How could you not feel anything when you witness something like that? When B learned of this...I felt like she was faking her sympathy. It felt more like she reacted to it like it was normal or business as usual. Maybe she's seen more of what I saw, or ever worse. She been working for him for more than a year now, I think. She must think of it as "normal" already. Which is scary, because how do you draw normal from not when you are exposed to cruelty everyday? You get kind of brainwashed. I think.

When you lose your ability to feel, what will become of you? We feel because we are human. It's the very thing that separates us from animals. I'm so sad for her.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

when you loose your ability to feel its like you give away your ability to be emotive and a person...

your boss appears to be highly tempermental and just drunk on rage and as tough as he seems he does have a weakness and its weird that someone can be meaner than him.

at least you didn't give your emotions away. :)

i_heart_anderson_cooper said...

wow. Sorry Nancy.

I think B adapted to hte cruelty cause it was the norm @ your workplace. It's like coming from an abusive home, you never know that kindness exists. People grow numb when they see too much. I'm glad you left before it happened to you!

I think the boss is power-hungry. He seems to thrive on control & his anger probably stems from the fact that life is un-controllable. PPl like him are never happy.

Anonymous said...

just checking in on you,how are doing?

i_heart_anderson_cooper said...

hey nancy, what's new? I hope everything's ok- you ahven't blogged in awhile! Did Anderson come to your town? Are you @ home in shock? Are you eating breakfast with him & keeping him away from the other holics? ;)

dancing_nancy said...

lol!

hello, I heart..., I'm still alive! haha!!!

I was just a bit busy with my new work.

So sweet of you to check on me! :)

-sheila

dancing_nancy said...

hello, reese!

thanks for dropping by and checking up on me, I'm okay, just a bit busy with my work.

You're team WON! woohoo!