Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A Note of Appreciation and more...


I'm feeling a bit mushy right now so now might be the right time to write this...

A friend of mine, who was also present at the meeting last night asked me, "Why do you like Anderson so much?" he asked me that because I was flashing my Vanity Fair magazine to him with this school/fangirl giggle that probably looked silly to him. I was lost for words, I didn't know how to reply to that question, I only said "because." And then we laughed. But right now, I'm still thinking about that question...why? I was only able to say "because" probably because a one or two sentence is not enough to describe Anderson. He is so complex and so everything I don't even know how to describe him. Anderfans know exactly what I'm talking about but for someone, such as my friend, who hardly know him...it's so difficult to paint a picture of Anderson to him. Words are not enough, you have to kind of "know" Anderson to even begin to describe him.

I've never joined any group or community before, this is my first time. Sure, I've been crazy about other "men" before like Ewan MacGregor, Sting, Simon Baker...etc. but I never joined their fan clubs or anything. And I sure didn't blog about them. I joined the"Hey Arnold! fanclub because I love Arnold and Helga, does that count?

Anyway, whether or not I could put into words why I've gone over the bend and completely lost my mind over Anderson...this I know for sure...I've "met and known" some of the kindest people around the world because of Anderson. Some even went over the extent of offering to buy and send Anderson's book to me, another one offered to FedEx Vanity Fair to me, some have given me kind words when I'm feeling down, very generous and helpful people. If it weren't for Anderson I never would've known them. And now, I've got a new friend from Argentina with whom I constantly exchange email with, we're both "victims" of CNNI when they decided to drop AC360˚.

To all my Anderfriends and visitors of this blog...thank you so much. I am truly honored that you always come back and visit my little space.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay im so happy for u!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Now about the book...hope it's not as dramatic lol. Let us know.

Anonymous said...

Ooopppsss! The last comment was in regards to you finally having Vanity Fair mag in your hands, not about this post.

Isn't all this technology great? I'm thinking about joining this group.

dancing_nancy said...

hello, anonymous! great to hear from you again. :)

i think the book will be equally dramatic as the vf, our local bookstores still haven't heard of AC's book yet. i call them everyday, i think they're sick and tired of my voice! haha!!!

i won't stop 'til they pressure whoever's responsible for the quick release of the book here. :)

Anonymous said...

Keep the pressure on. It will be interesting to know how this all pans out. Please blog about it.

Did you know AC's book is #1 in sales at Amazon and #2 at Barnes & Noble?

dancing_nancy said...

yeah, i read about it over at Anderloads. i will promote the book here...i'm gonna tell all my friends and probably write about it in our local newspapers.

Anonymous said...

hello. :) it is really well written, as you already know. ok. i've bugged you enough. :)

Sheryn said...

Oh, I'm so glad we've met, too!!! I was actually thinking of writing a very similar post. You beat me to it and said it better that I could have!

Isn't it neat that thru the internet you could meet people from all over the world! I love that aspect of blogging so much!

I'm going to bug CNN Int'l for you again too!

dancing_nancy said...

hello, sheryn, glad you dropped by...you're one of those kind, loving and generous people that i "met" through this blog and i will forever thank anderson for that.

yeah! let's bug cnni once more!

i_heart_anderson_cooper said...

I'm glad you finally got your copy!
Groups- Welcome to the club! Fans are the best ppl to know and the most welcoming.