Friday, May 19, 2006

like a rolling stone...

I remember an episode of "My Name is Earl" that I watched a few weeks ago, it's about Earl becoming a teacher for minorities living in the states. He used to make fun and ridicule them. He treated them with no respect at all. Bad Earl! But this isn't about Earl, this is about me...making up for things I've ever done to all the government employees I have insulted, made fun of, mocked and ridiculed in my lifetime. In a way, I've treated them with little or no respect at all, too. And now...the world comes full circle (yay! for the AC360 reference). It's time for me to pay!
When I get my papers, which I suppose will happen very soon, I will be, officially, an employee of the government. Who would have thought that I'll work in a government office. Not even in my wildest dream...sometimes I'd wish working in a government office but only half-jokingly.
Oh, dear. What I have I gotten myself into. All I remember is that I answered an ad from Manila Bulletin for an office here in Valero, Makati, looking for a graphic artist, then after a month they called me up for an interview. I was asked if I had any problem working for the government, I said no and that's it. On the very next day they e-mailed me a job offer, the salary is okay, a little higher than my previous salary. And I get to work in Makati again. I missed working in Makati!
I think I'm gonna like my job...I'm working for a certain province somewhere in the south, but I will be based here in Makati, I'll be doing layouts, designs and everything that is related to promote all the tourist spot of this province. In a way I'm like working under the tourism department but not for the Philippines...only for this particular province. Oh, my boss is the governor of ..... Is he a good boss? I don't know yet, I hope he is.
When my mother learned that I will be working in a governement office, she was ecstatic! "That's good! government benefits are far better than those of the private companies. Please don't resign from this job this time!" She calls me a rolling stone because I keep on resigning and changing company. "Rolling stones gather no moss," she kept on telling me.
"Let's see." I replied.

No comments: