Monday, May 22, 2006

Almost had him!

Last Saturday morning my kids and I went to Ayala Center to buy a birthday gift for my friend's son, Riley. We were walking and talking towards the direction of my favourite magazine store right under the escalator at the Glorietta Activity Center, it's where I buy my copies of Details and Rolling Stones magazines, they must have the latest copy of Vanity Fair magazine, I thought to myself. As we were getting near the store I felt my chest tighten up as if a big reticulated phyton was squeezing the life out of me. I was feeling and I acting like I was about to see Anderson in person. I felt silly and ridiculous but I couldn't help it. I am, after all, tragically in love with supercooper!

I looked on the window display, I saw loads of magazines but I didn't see Vanity Fair with Anderson's face anywhere! I walked inside the store and looked some more, still no sign of Andy! I was beginning to panic and I thought to myself, "Was I too late? Did they run out of copy?" I wanted to scream and cry but my kids were with me. I couldn't let them see the fangirl in me. I need them to respect me, I'm their mother for crying out loud. I tried to calm myself and mustered enough courage to asked the sales person calmly if they had the latest issue of VF, frankly, I didn't want to ask because I might not be able to handle the answer very well. "Please, please let me have a copy," I whispered to myself while the sales person helped me find VF. After a few seconds, I finally saw Anderson! no wonder I couldn't find him, the magazine was piled in a plastic container on the floor! How could they do this to Anderson, these people have no respect!

Anderson is finally here, I couldn't believe it. I almost kissed and hugged the magazine but decided to save it for later. Hah!

The magazine cost Php465.00 it's roughly around $9.00 so I checked my money and found out that I only have Php1,500. I couldn't believe that I may not bring Anderson home. Arrgh!!! I took my kids and desperately looked for a Landbank ATM machine to withdraw money, but I couldn't find one. I hate Landbank, it's ruining my Anderlovelife! I work for the goverment so I'm a Landbank account holder nowadays. I could use my available money to buy the magazine and the gift for Riley but my kids won't eat, tough decision, really! :)

I left the magazine store with a heavy heart, I couldn't take Anderson home with me but I made a promise that I will come back and take him with me.

I'm going there today after office, gosh, I so hope he's still there.


very nice photos provided by justjared.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooohh, that's so sad. Now I really want to know if you finally got the magazine, because if you don't, I'll Fed-Ex AC (I mean the magazine) to you.

dancing_nancy said...

thank you!!! you're my new best friend, i'll go to the magazine store this evening and buy my copy. i hope it's still there...

i'll let you know if i don't get my copy.

thank you so much again!!!

i_heart_anderson_cooper said...

Did you get it? I hope so. I had to drive to 13 stores to find Details this month. If you want to subscribe, I know a great website with excellent deals on mag subs, that way AC will be @ home waiting for you....