Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Game of Thrones

The last thing I need now is being hooked on a TV series, it takes commitment and time and I'm afraid I don't have any of those to spare. I already have my tennis and motogp to keep me busy all year round not to mention that I have 2 kids, a husband, a job and church commitments. So you see, I can't be hooked on a TV series but that was what exactly happened the moment I watched Boromir... I mean Ned adopt those direwolves pups... I was hooked! Don't you just love Boromir... I mean Sean Bean? Well, that and the fact that the author of the book is being compared to Tolkien is enough reason to watch the show, you know... just to prove them wrong!

Boy, they were wrong... Game of Thrones is a lot darker than LOTR, they have bromance and incest in there! I will not have my kids watch it for now. And don't you just love Tyrion Lannister? The cleverest dwarf you ever saw! I could not get myself to hate him and yet he's a Lannister! I hate them, Lannisters... specially the Kingslayer for pushing Bran out the window!

I shouldn't get attached to the characters, I know, but I can't help it. I am hooked!

Here are the characters that I really love:



Ned Stark, Lord of the Winterfell, Right Hand of the King and Protector of the Realm (almost).

Loving father and an honorable man.


Most of the honorable man in this series end up dead... just like in real life.






Arya Stark, 3rd child of Ned and Lady Catelyn, she's clever and shows great interest in fighting, she was given a sword by his half-brother called needle. She has a close relationship with her half brother, Jon. She calls her wolf, Nymeria.

I love it when she knocks some senses out of her stupid sister, Sansa.











My heart just broke when he called his father "Lord Stark" at the beginning of the series, he's a bastard and he knows just where to put himself, "There are five pups and you have 5 trueborn children, they were meant to have these pups, my lord."

The pups were enough for the Stark kids because he excluded himself, I almost cried.

But as fate would have it they found an outcast pup, he got a wolf as well, he named it Ghost.



Tyrion Lannister, he's clever, educated and very entertaining to watch. I love all his lines, I hope he wins an award.

I particularly love his character because although a Lannister he shows great support for people like him, an outcast. He gave Bran a design of a saddle specially made for a cripple. He also befriends Jon Snow.

A lovable Lannister.







I don't particularly love Drogo but I just want to point out that he's so scary. Every man on the series will look like a little girl in his presence... and he's the one wearing eye make-up!








Daenerys Targaryen, the only surviving child of the Mad King, dethroned by King Robert Baratheon. She's polite, well-spoken and has a kind heart. She started out as a naive little girl but her time spent with her husband Drogo and the Dothraki has eventually taught her confidence and skills to rule.













And who would ever forget the story Old Nan told Bran one night:

Oh, my sweet summer child, what do you know about fear? Fear is for the winter, when the snows fall a hundred feet deep. Fear is for the long night, when the sun hides for years, and children are born and live and die all in darkness. That is the time for fear, my little lord, when the White Walkers move through the woods... Thousands of years ago, there came a night that lasted a generation. Kings froze to death in their castles, same as the shepherds in their huts, and women smothered their babies rather than see them starve, and wept, and felt their tears freeze on their cheeks. So is this the sort of story that you like?


Season 1 is about to end and I'm getting restless, I just might read the book just to keep me from missing them too much.


No comments: