Sunday, September 11, 2011

Blue vs Red


I've always made fun of Andy every time he's up against Rafa because I know in my heart that he's got nothing from his arsenal to beat Rafa! But this semifinal I felt something for Andy that I never felt before... I felt bad for him. It's pity actually but I don't think I have the right to feel pity for him. Pity is such a strong word to use. Pity is for someone who quits in the middle of the game and Andy's no quitter!

I know Andy did nothing wrong, he was doing everything he could and he actually won the 3rd set doing everything he could, like those annoying (but effective) drop shots he gave to Rafa but it wasn't enough and it wasn't funny anymore... the way he's losing his chances to win a grand slams. How does it feel to have your dreams shattered in front of a million viewers? I can only imagine. Not to mention the look on her mother's face, she's scary!



If I would summarize the whole match, Rafa reduced Andy into pieces. Specially in the 4th set, he was everywhere, Andy just couldn't put the ball away. Rafa gave him great passing shots and solid ground strokes. This is the Rafa of old. Ooh, I just love Rafa!

On the other side of the court I just couldn't understand why in the middle of a good game Andy had to change shorts? I'm loving those short shorts, by the way! And then when it was imminent that his grand slam dream was about leave him... his wristband was somewhat irritating him and then there's the hip problem.

Poor Andy!

No comments: