Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Il Postino

I have just finished watching Il Postino; a film that I have in my possession for so long but just couldn't find a way to load the subtitles. But alas! Last Friday morning I have finally found THE way, it's (the solution) been sitting right under my nose but I guess I wasn't looking hard enough.

Anyway, the movie was everything I expected it would be - enchanting. Except that if it was up to me, Mario should never have died but I guess poetry is sadness, a lot of things should have been done but weren't. So there's your poetry. I'm talking silly. I know.

One thing is certain though, the movie made me yearn to go to Italy even more. I want to bathe and drench my skin under the Tuscan sun. I want to stand and feel the wind on my face at the edge of a cliff by the Mediterranean sea. I want pick up the earth and throw it in the air. I want to see how the blades of grass sway when the wind blows upon it. I want to stop and look at leaves falling from its branch and cast shadows on the surface of the earth. I want to say ciao to the ants climbing a tree and grasshoppers hopping from leaf to leaf.

And lastly, I want to walk on the thirsty and porous soil of the Tuscan vineyards; bake my skin under the white summer sun; pick grapes and earn my living... hopefully, I save enough to watch Motogp on the Mugello circuit next year, God willing, of course.

Come on... what were you thinking?

I'm talking silly. I know.

No comments: