Monday, September 4, 2006

goodbye, steve!

I can't believe Steve Irwin's dead! Sure, he's crazy but he's careful and he knew what he was doing. I've always thought that he'd be killed by of one of those crocodiles he handled but I guess he knew crocodiles well. A stingray killed him. I'm actually lost for words, I don't know what to say. My heart goes out to his wife, Terri, and their two kids, specially Bindi Sue. How do you tell an eight-year-old kid that her daddy's dead?

He made me scream a whole lot, he was so full of life. I look at him as a little kid, he's always enthusiastic about everything. I will miss you a lot, Steve! Animal Planet will never be the same without you.

My son loves him, he loves watching Crocodile Hunter and New Breed Vets. He even watched Steve's movie.

Sad day indeed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, tell me about it! It was such a sad day, and well it still is. Hope your son is doing okay with it, I've been thinking about to my younger years when I would never miss an episode. :) Good times.

dancing_nancy said...

hello, rita! i missed you!

i haven't told my son yet, i don't let him watch the news, it will break his heart, i'm sure! my daughter knows about Steve's death and she was sad for Bindi!

i just have to tell you this: I was trying to leave a comment on your blog yesterday but I can't, something about protocol, i don't know, some internet lingo i don't understand.

same thing with Reese, i can't comment on her blog, too!

Anonymous said...

I did not know him but up to now I still cannot get over this!

goodness.
its a tragedy.

Anonymous said...

dancin_nancy:

I updated to blogger-beta. maybe thats why. I rememeber after i updated i couldn't post on non-beta blogs using my blogger account, but I'm able to under the "other" option. have you tried that? maybe that'll work :)

Reese:
He was a great man, I still cannot get over it either. Everyone needs to check out Steve in action, just to see how passionate he really was!!