Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Anderwithdrawal Part II

200350432001

Dear Blog,

I'd like to let you know that I'm doing great under the circumstances...Whenever I'm having an episode of depression over "losing" Anderson...I think of a happy thought, I know it sounds lame but it works for me. I imagine him walking under the hot summer sun of Africa in his black shirt reporting about the kids' dying in Maradi, Niger. I don't know...weird as it may sound but it is my "happy thought." I'll always remember him in that makeshift hospital...I think I should stop talking about it, I'm sounding a bit like a broken record already.

Anyway, I stopped watching CNNI since they dropped him, I just can't bear to "face" them right now. Maybe in the future...say, hurricane season. Hahaha...

See? I told you I'm doing okay, I got my (horrible) sense of humor back.

I get my news now from BBC. Come to think of it, I've always been a BBC watcher, I only switched to CNN because of Anderson. Don't get me wrong, I've grown to love the people of CNNI...but for now, I can't watch them. I'm still on the process of healing. I'm taking things one at a time.

But do you know what "boggles my mind"? (*missing anderson more* *sobs*)

I stopped watching TDS the same time they stopped showing AC360˚! I don't know why?! The only possible reason I can think of is that: I can't love Jon Stewart without Anderson Cooper but I sure can love Anderson Cooper without Jon Stewart. Am I confusing you? 'Cause I'm getting confused myself.

I will write you soon.

Sincerely,
Sheila







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, I understand how you feel. We all went through it when Anderson was off for a week a while back. It seemed like a year and with all the rumors that were going around I feared he wasn't going to come back.

Maybe if enough people complain, they will bring 360 back to CNNI. Enjoyed reading your blog.

dancing_nancy said...

thanks for visiting! i appreciate it. :)

Anonymous said...

I hate, hate, HATE CNNi.

I also kind of stopped watching them. I get so angry each time I switch to CNN.

And I keep missing TDS! I always watched it, while I was able to watch AC360.
Well, the Global Edition on CNNi. Do you get the Global Edition or the regular show?

People keep saying that they all had to go through anderwithdrawel for a week and made it.
Uhm, it's nice that they at least care a bit, but a week of anderwithdrawal is nothing compared to our situation.
We'll probably never see him again on a regular basis. :(
That leaves me hoping for a bad hurricane season. Which is not nice, I know.

dancing_nancy said...

I do get the TDS Global Edition and the regular show but I can't watch Jon, right now. Not without Anderson. *Sigh*

dancing_nancy said...

Oh, and thank you for dropping by! :)