Monday, March 6, 2006

I love Jon...like, forever! This moment, this show, the Academy awards cemented it, I love Jon forever!

I was rushing all my chores this morning, I actually packed my kids' meals to school early, I did everything around the house so I won't have to do anything by 10 am but sit and wait for Jon, I mean, the Oscars. I was so nervous for Jon, it's crazy I know, but I was nervous for him. It's like we're friends or something...A few minutes before the show started, I can feel my heart pounding and my stomach churning. I am so frickin' nervous!

What if he bombs?

Please, Jon, make it funny.

But then I have to remind myself how funny, brilliant and surprising Jon is, so there's absolutely no need to be nervous. Unless someone drugs him or spikes his drink...

A few minutes before the show started my mother came into the room looking for Anderson ( she's crazy about Anderson nowadays, I'm telling you), "Mother, Anderson won't be on TV until tomorrow. Jon Stewart will have to do for now, after all, he is the next best thing to Anderson, believe me." I told her.

"But Anderson's way cuter, I used to ridicule you a lot, I know, but now I think i'm addicted to Anderson," she said.

"It's okay, Jon is funnier, you''ll see. Just stay and watch, you'll enjoy watching him, if it's any consolation Jon's got grey-hair too. Hehe..."

A minute before the show started I threatened my daughter and my niece to keep quiet or else I'm gonna throw them out the window (wicked). So they sat quietly and watched for a good 5 minutes I think, before they started to make noise again. But it was enough for me to watch the opening of the show. I thought it was funny, he had a few bombed jokes but it's okay, he's warming up. I loved his Death to Smoochy mention. But this one had me laughing crazy, Bjork wasn't able to come because Dick Cheney shot her!!! Wow! Bjork and Cheney in one joke, genius!

One thing that I noticed though, the big Hollywood stars, they just don't get Jon. It's either sticks are up their asses or they're dumb. Or it's probably because Jon made fun of them, or Jon got political too early or they're dumb, did I say that already?! They're not smart enough for Jon! I'm so unfair, I know.

I'm so proud of Jon (like he cares). Anyway, I loved George Clooney's opening acceptance speech: "So I'm not winning director..." Honestly, I never thought George as an intelligent person until now. I never took him seriously...I'm liking George now, a lot. He has grey hair... so adorable! I think my mother will like him also, I should introduce her to George.

I'm gonna try to watch it again tonight without the butterflies in my tummy, this time I'm gonna relax and enjoy it. I'm gonna make my kids sleep a little earlier than usual. Yeah right! like it's gonna happen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh my, George is funny! he's deadpan and very adorable...no wonder girls wanted him to commit..and he has a villa in Italy.

Julia Roberts' first appearance after she gave birth was George's Syriana premiere night. and when asked what he thought of that he went "uh oh, she thinks we're close!" hilarious di ba!