Monday, February 20, 2006

I am so bored with my life, I want to do something new, something productive and meaningful. I want to change career. But, where do I start? I'm not sure how.
I've been feeling like this since Wednesday last week because I almost landed on a job that's totally different from my line of work, probably more meaningful and fulfilling. I love my job right now but I think it's meaningless. I don't change people's lives with what I do, I don't change anything for the better. I don't make a difference. It's meaningless.
I almost had a shot in doing charity work, I was called by a company that does charity works for the less fortunate last week. I've worked with them before as a freelance artist, they needed someone to make a brochure for them and someone referred them to me, I think they liked what I did so they called me up last week asking me if I was interested to work for them as a regular employee not just as a graphic artist but also as a charity worker.
I wanted to say yes but I declined their offer because of two reasons.
1. They want me to change my religion. Frankly, I'd rather starve than change my religion! No way in the world I'm changing it. They should accept me as I am, as a person and not as a member of a certain religion. If they can't see pass that...No thanks.
2. A friend of mine needs a job and she's been eyeing the very job that's been offered to me for months now, she's been waiting for them to call her for more than two months now but they don't want her, they want me. That's the sad truth.
She's my friend, I wouldn't want to do anything that will jeopardize our friendship.
So now, I'm still searching and waiting for a job that's right for me. It's out there, I know. Just waiting for the opportune moment.

(I may have been drinking too much coffee)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope things turn around for you and your wishes come true!

Unknown said...

hi nay,

im sure ul find a job that suits u. pray n lng tayo. ya, i agree in not changing ur religion. being competent at work and having ur own belief are two different things..have faith..all things will work out soon -lynette