Wednesday, February 8, 2006

CONFESSIONS, CONFESSIONS

I've got another confession to make...I've been a very very bad fan girl this past few days. I've been trying to shake off my anderaddiction...seriously. My life is a mess right now, I don't have a regular job, I'm always "out" on the streets. Applying for jobs. Well, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, I still have a job as a consultant from my previous employer. And at the same time I'm tutoring a Korean girl who wants to be a fashion designer, she's applying for 3 schools in the US, two in Boston and one in New York, I'm helping her with her portfolios and art requirements, she already passed in one school but wouldn't it be great if she passed on all three? It pays well but I think I'd feel more secure if I had a regular job.
And this is where Andy interferes...I feel like I'm only half-looking for a job because If I did find one I won't be able to watch 360˚ everyday, it airs 11 am here!
So, I made a decision to slowly shake Anderson off of my system for good. I wanted to quit him cold turkey but my anderwithdarawal was too strong so I had to give in sometimes. lol!
I was doing okay for a while, taking control of my life...I will eventually quit Andy, I said to myself. And then I saw this... (actually, someone from anderloads saw it)
Heart
I didn't recognize him at first but after I learned why he was photographed that way, I almost fainted and almost instantaneously felt my anderaddiction came rushing back again in full force... but I got over it.
For a few days I was getting better and better, I was wanting less and less of my Anderfix. I wasn't even reading his blogs. I was fine. I'm not shaking as much as I used to. Finally, I said to myself.
And then, yesterday on 360˚, he read some of the comments some people posted on his blog. Apparently, he reads all comments.
I got curious, so I went to his blog (I even made a link of it on my blog), and read all his entries...I found out that HE READS ALL THE COMMENTS, HE REPLIES TO SOME OF THEM, HE THANKS EVERYONE WHO POSTED COMMENTS!
Oh, my dear! I can actually say something to him and have the guarantee that it will be read by him!
What will become of me now?
I feel like my anderaddicton is slowly making its way to my system again. I'm on Ander-high again. I'm back to my delusions again. lol!
Another one of my futile attempts to quit Anderson... tsk, tsk, tsk.
When will I ever learn?
Why did I ever bother to quit in the first place when I knew all along that it will never work?

4 comments:

Phebe said...

'Hi, I'm Phebe and I'm an Anderholic.'
I don't think even a 12 step program will work for this addiction. It's just too strong.

dancing_nancy said...

Hi, Phebe! Thanks for visiting.

We're so hopeless. lol!

Rita said...

Agree! Man, I've commented on his blogs (with legit comments) I have my own blooger account here about AC, I have a myspace group all about AC (Andernation)I've put so much time into it...sheesh....I'm hooked! I've made icons, and banners....man!

Unknown said...

My name is Gracie and I am also an Anderholic. I have tried to quit Mr Cooper several times, but it seems that he keeps creeping into my thoughts, especially when I don't need him there.

I try to read his blog every day and usually post a comment - two of which have appeared on the comments page, now if he'd just say my name on the air I'd die happy. Anyway I also have my laptop on during 360 and send him comments during the show by way of the instant comment line. Am I insane - in a word yes.

I was almost over him, but it'll have to wait until after his book comes out - can you say Book Tour(I'll be there).