Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Woodstock of Tennis!




Never in a million years did I dream that I'll have chance to see my favorite tennis players in real life but it happened. For real! I don't know if I'll be calling it a dream come true because I never dreamed that I'd see them all playing in a court simply because I live in a third world country, why would they come here. So instead I'd be calling it a blessing from above.  :)

My friend and I had a 3-day pass starting from November 28 to November 30. Now, where do I start? It all happened so fast. The last thing I remember was I was working and then I got a message from Lynette, my friend, that she has tickets for the both of us to watch the IPTL tour and then I took a bath, oh, I think I should mention that I was working from home that day, then off I went to MOA arena. We got the surprise of our lives when we realized that we were holding VIP tickets! How I got the ticket was another story that deserves a separate blog entry. But like I said, it was a blessing from above. Good thing I had pictures, crappy pictures taken from my phone I might add, but nevertheless proof that I was there and watched the whole thing.
I don't normally like to have my picture taken in front of people but I needed proof that it was not a dream.

My friend and I thought that we'd pass out, we were screaming and hyperventilating. We'd look at each other quietly and then scream again. I even forgot how to count scores! I was so excited. Had Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer been there my bucket list would've been complete. It's a good thing Jo-Wilfried Tsonga kept us "company", he's really, really handsome. I was looking at him all the time.
Gael Monfils kept us entertained, he was funny and a real good dancer, it looked like he was truly enjoying the exhibit, must have been refreshing to just play tennis and not worry about your world ranking.




I wish I could say something great about Andy Murray but watching him play was very frustrating and disappointing. I mean he was the main man of Manila Mavericks but he just couldn't win. He  kept on losing. We were shouting our lungs out, praying silently he'd win, when a ball hit someone to my right that made us shut up for a while. It could've been us? And then we were picking on Andy again. I shouted "Andy, win this and I'll be your fan forever!" That's how sure I was he'd lose but then he found his rhythm and won on the last day, on the last game.

What did I do? Oh my gosh!









No comments: