Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Only Lovers Left Alive




Why didn't I watch this movie any sooner? I kept putting it off when all I wanted was to watch it the  moment I knew it existed.

It's a villainless, actionless, delightful movie. Vampires from the old world living in the 21st century, they don't kill people to live, they get their blood from hospitals. They're very cautious because blood these days could be contaminated. Adam (Tom Hiddleston) and Eve (Tilda Swinton) are husband and wife but they live apart. He lives in Detroit and she lives in Tangier, though they are apart the connection is always there. I didn't get why they had to live away from each other. Eve uses her Apple (iPhone) to communicate with Adam and Adam makes use of old equipment and connects them together to talk to Eve. He has electricity using his Tesla-like skills. He made an underground power supply. I guess one can do that if you have plenty of time in your hands.


They talk about the arts, vintage guitars and Physics. I have no better way to describe the film but delightful and funny. The best vampire love story I've seen. Enough of that, this is not a movie review, I can not write a movie review even if I wanted to.

No comments: