Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Picking Up The Pieces

So we had lunch and we talked. 

It was serious, I felt the gravity of our situation the moment we left the office. It felt like a make or break moment for us. It's all or nothing. Tell everything or  lose everything. 

Turns out it wasn't just me with pent-up feelings, I mean, things were said and some of it were misunderstood because nobody bothered to ask. It went on for weeks, we pretended everything was okay but deep inside we were hurting. Wait, I can only speak for me, I was hurting, which led to over-thinking, which led to depression. I've had it before so I know. I can't explain how I know it but the best explanation I can give you is that it feels like there's a dark cloud following me and no matter what I do the sun's ray is unable to reach me. I felt dark and gloomy.

It was the first time we talked/fought seriously, we used to fight before like yelling at each other and we've even gone through a week without talking to each other but somehow I knew in my heart that we'd still be friends again. We just got to ride it out like a storm. 

It definitely didn't feel that way today so I was worried that I'd lose a friend.

He admitted his mistake, he was sorry he said. I believed him. I explained to him why I was behaving oddly, he understood. We agreed that we should always ask if anything is unclear and he made me promise that I go tell him right away if something isn't right. 


Everything seems better now. 

No comments: