Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What is it?


This is a white melon gourd better known as kundol here in Manila. It was given to me this morning by my Chinese neighbor. They harvested a dozen of those, at least, this morning. I couldn't be any happier, it's my first time to hold a kundol in my hand, it has tiny pin like texture all around, it got me by surprise. The house-help didn't seem to mind so I thought it was smooth but when I held it I felt like I was holding hundreds of pins and needles literally!

This might keep me busy the whole day, I will cook this and make dessert out of it. I hope I get this right, I used to eat sweetened kundol when I was a kid. Every January each year a bunch of folks from Bulacan would give me a bowl of sweetened kundol, it was chewy, crunchy and juicy all at the same time. The secret was in the lime they used to say.

*i better start peeling*


No comments: