Sunday, August 12, 2012

Of Snow and Storm

The rain won't stop. It's been days since I last saw the sun shining through my window. Heck! I even miss the birds chirping  non-stop just below my window pane. Normally, I wouldn't complain because I love the rain but Snow Patrol was coming in a few days. They can't cancel, it's complicated.

Local news says there's no typhoon signal yet because technically there is no typhoon just habagat or  southwest winds, I believe. It's just a storm passing by, no worry but when August 7 came, everything seems odd. The skies are darker and cruel, rains felt more like a stab and the winds were gone. I had no idea thousands of my countrymen were suffering during the hours I was worrying about how to get to the office and feeling anxious about  the concert.

I ended up working double shift until the wee hours of the morning of August 8 because a handful of people came to work, it was impossible to commute and besides even if I wanted to go home I couldn't. I remember wishing my family were safe and sound. And they were, in fact. Thank God! So I went back to worrying about the Snow Patrol concert, I was worried they were going to postpone it. I was on leave from the office on the 9th and there's no way I can move it. So there's the problem. Thousands of my countrymen were not so lucky, they've lost homes, pets and loved ones. My heart and prayers are with them. :(

The morning of August 9, a friend texted that the concert will push through after all, I'm on leave and the rain is finally starting to let up. Thank heavens! All I need now is the ticket! Oh, the ticket... how I got them is another long and arduous feat! It needs a separate blog, I think. I got a patron seat by the way! :)

To cut a long story short, I made it to the concert! It was and felt surreal, I had to pinch me self just to make sure it was not a dream or a trick of the mind. I remember singing along with Gary, I knew all the songs! All those times I spent listening to them since early 2000 has finally paid of! Gary made a few jokes inbetween songs. He even gave a few encouraging words about the country's current situation. He was joking on his Twitter account about doing an underwater concert for the first time. When he got here that's when he saw and felt the real situation. Don't worry, I forgive you!


The concert felt fast and short. I remember complaining about it on the way home but now that I sobered up I realized how amazing the concert was. it felt short and fast because I was having a blast. He giggled while singing Run, Chasing Cars is far better singing with him! I yelled my lungs out when he started to sing Chocolate and Shut Your Eyes. He dedicated This Isn't Everything You Are to us. Too bad he they did not sing The Garden Rules but it's okay they sang New York and Lifening anyway. Gosh! I can do this all day.  That man was genuinely loving every minute of it! He was smiling all the time, he was caught off-guard when the smoke came out from where he was standing, he really looked like he was having fun.

I love how he uses his hands (ala I am Number Four) to emphasize something... when he sang Hands Open, the opening number, I swear, give the man flashlights. Number Four, is that you? I'm not complaining, I love the way he punches the air and pushing imaginary walls.

Here's a shocker... he actually has a fit body, sexy even! I love his biceps! Not at all the tall and lanky man I imagined he'd be!


Snow Patrol ♥  Manila, I'm sure they're (or the person in charge of the AVP) just saying that but they left me with amazing memories, my dream to see them live just came true so I'll believe everything they say!

Still in awe and can't take the smile off my face. xx

No comments: