Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wasn't Meant To Be

My husband got a call from Dolphy's doctor that he's scheduled to to donate blood on Tuesday, the 10th of July at 9pm; my husband agreed and all was set. I guess that's how special Dolphy was, the doctors themselves make the call or maybe they were just being careful.

He was on his way to the Makati Medical Center when he got a got a call again at around 8:40 pm telling him that the donation will not push through anymore because Dolphy had an emergency earlier and they already acquired the blood from the Red Cross. It was a lame excuse really, when my husband called me up to inform me that he was cancelled I knew that Dolphy might be dead already. Why else would they cancel? I wanted to be wrong because I feel like he's part of my life. Everyone's worst nightmare came true, he passed away that night leaving the country in mourning. He was well loved and respected because of his humility and professionalism. He was one of a kind. I only one thing to confess, I have not seen any of his films in colored... I love the black and white Dolphy, when he was still very thin and very young. I don't know why. I've known Dolphy since forever and for some strange reason I feel like I lost a father too.

My heart is heavy.

No comments: