Thursday, July 5, 2012

Dolphy update

My husband's blood has been screened. It seems like he passed because he was told that the hospital will contact him for the schedule. The procedure will take 4 hours maximum to complete because they won't be needing whole blood just the platelets. I did not understand it at first also and I will try my best to explain it.

A machine will be plugged to my husband, his whole blood will pass through the machine which will then separate the components of the blood retaining just the platelets and then returns the remainder of the blood into his body. This will be his first time to do this kind of procedure. Late last year he donated Plasma to a patient in St. Luke's Medical Center, it also took hours to complete the process, my husband felt numb, he was shaking and his lips turned purple. He took a video of himself and showed it to me, I almost cried. And now, he's ready to do it again.

May God bless my husband!

No comments: