Friday, October 28, 2005

I LEFT THE OFFICE A LITTLE EARLIER THAN USUAL LAST MONDAY. Why? Well, hurricane Wilma was about to make a landfall in Florida at around 7:30 in the morning (ET), my TV boyfriend was in Marco Island risking his life and I felt like the least thing that I can do is to watch him, to show support. We have cable TV in the office but it just didn't feel right. So I decided to go home instead.
I was supposed to meet my Korean student on the same night but I had to cancel. We weren't able to meet last Saturday because my niece was confined (again) at the Manila Doctor's Hospital. We re-scheduled for Sunday night but I had to cancel (again) because I was expecting Wilma to make a landfall, but she didn't. What a mess Anderson made! my life nowadays is scheduled around hurricanes! (charing!!!)
I cancelled my Monday night sked with Gee (the Korean girl) on that same night because I cannot let Wilma make a landfall without me! I made my husband & kids go somewhere, I think they ended up having dinner at Jollibee. I cannot have distractions, I gotta concentrate, I hope he doesn't get blown away! Everything turned out as I planned, I was alone in the room...waiting for my Anderson.
Chad Myers was great, he somehow took over as 'anchor' for the whole day and night, and when he called Anderson to report, I held my breathe........for a very long time....
Homepage102405wilma_3ANDERSON WAS WITH JOHN ZARELLA!!! What the #*@! What was he doing with John? It's not like Andy needed any help, Wilma was only a cat3 hurricane! He survived Katrina, he rode out Rita, he's been handling hurricanes like a pro, why are they together? I have nothing against John, I know that Miami is his territory, I also know that he "anchored" Anderson when hurricane Dennis hit Florida a few years ago and I also know that he's a big man, anything goes wrong, he could easily save Anderson. BUT, I don't like my Andy near John!
Anyway, I watched them together for a few minutes until I couldn't take it anymore, I called up Frauline and told her that I'll be tutoring Gee, after all. Walk-out talaga ako! And to think na hindi ako selosa sa totoong buhay, ha!

No comments: