Monday, October 10, 2005

Had an accident last Wednesday, I fell two steps down the stairs...thought I broke a bone or something but luckily it's just some minor sprain. But I couldn't walk just the same.

I had to take a few days leave from the office, I hated the thought for a moment but I took it as an opportunity to cleanse my system from my ander-addiction. From the moment I turn on my Mac till I turn it off, it's Anderson Cooper all day! I'ts like an addiction, I couldn't stop even if I wanted to.

Since I was at home, I was ander-deprived for 4 days and I think it helped me in my rehabilitation. I can't do anything Anderson related at home because my daughter doesn't like him at all.

My officemate (fellow internet addict) and I swore that we would change starting Monday (which happens to be today). We made an agreement that we would turn off our computers 5 minutes earlier so as not to be tempted to overstay in the office.

If you have these symptoms, you are, more than likely, an addict like us:
  • You stay in the office more than you should. All your officemates have gone home and you're still stuck in the office browsing the net.
  • You'd rather "talk" with your friends online than in person.
  • Once in front of the monitor, you no longer talk.
  • You don't talk to your officemates anymore but you email them with forwarded messages.
  • You'd rather blog your thoughts than actually telling it to people you know.
  • You used to love weekends, Saturday and Sunday used to be your favourite days of the week, now it feels more of a torture – not spending 8 hours or more in front of the computer.
  • Mondays used to be a drag but now you just can't wait to get your butt in the office.
If you suffer these symptoms, feel free to contact us...we actually have our own support groups to help you through it. It's a long and bumpy road ahead, we can help you. We're online every weekdays.

No comments: