Friday, December 12, 2008

“Sino na ba kumanta ng Sunburn?”

di naman masyado sunog ah
“Sino na ba kumanta ng Sunburn?” My daughter asked me this morning, she’s trying to mock me because my face is all red from sunburn and it stings too! Sure, I always joke about wanting to get a little tan, and I always get excited each morning when I see the sunrise, “Sa wakas, muling mahahagkan nang marahan ng araw ang aking mga pisngi nawa’y magdulot ng kaunting pamumula na tila bagang rosas na nahihiyang sumibol!” I habitually recite that to the one seating next to me in the office every morning or was it myself? Now, I’m not really sure where I got that, for all I know I could’ve made it all up.I would like to be sun kissed but it seemed like I got more than a kiss ― I looked like I made love with sun. Waah!!!
siempre dapat kasama ko nephew ko
siempre dapat kasama ko nephew ko (kamay ng nanay ko yan ha)
I got burned in Apalit yesterday but before I got there I got lost in Monumento, I often go to Cubao every time I go to Apalit but yesterday morning I wanted to try something new so off I went to Monumento, I got lost but eventually I found my way. Happy ending pa rin. One thing is sure though my skin got burned and it hurts a lot but I feel like a new person inside. I wish to keep it that way; I better stay away from my weakness! “I wish I knew how to quit…”
Rewind to a week ago, I was told that I looked maputla, “Naaarawan ka pa ba?” people often ask me. I answered “Not anymore and I like it that way.” It’s true, I like it the way it was, maputla. But secretly I think I looked better with a little color on my face but maybe it’s just my imagination. Wehehe…
So for now, I might as well enjoy(?) my one day love affair with the sun. Shh… you better not tell my mother…I’ll be singing Sunburn the whole day, I hope she doesn’t notice… pero sino na nga ba ang kumanta ng Sunburn?

No comments: